Department Overview Faculty Courses and Curricula Facilities + Equipment Undergraduate Professional B.Arch Degree Graduate Professional M.Arch Degree Apply Now: Undergraduate Apply Now: Graduate
Spring 2017 Events
- February 23, 6:30 PM Brett Schneider, Guy Nordenson and Associates & RISD Architecture
- March 2, 6:30 PM at RISD Auditorium Petra Blaisse, Inside Outside, Hosted with INTAR, Textiles, RISD Museum
- February 27, 6:30 PM Jeanette Kuo, Karamuk*Kuo
- March 13, 6:30 PM Allan Wexler, Allan Wexler Studio, Hosted with ID
- March 16, 6:30 PM Jarrett Walker, Jarrett Walker + Associates
- April 3, 6:30 PM Kunle Adeyemi, NLÉ, Yoder Lecture
- April 24, 6:30 PM Nader & Katie Faulkner, NADAAA, Shoemaker Lecture
- May 11, 6:30 PM Shumi Bose, Central Saint Martins & Architectural Association
- RT @HansyBetter: #Architect as Initiator,#Architect as Detective, #Architect as Advocate, Join me on 10/28 at MIT @RISDARCH https://t.co/eQ5mv9cIMU,
- .@hansybetter+BR+A+CE create "Tilt-Down Fence" a public art exhibit in Fields Corner https://t.co/poFcZkjevt via @bostonherald,
- RT @risd: .@RISDARCH is working to complete SouthLight, a summer design-build project @SCCRI1 https://t.co/leEtHJwqA8 https://t.co/z1VkusjsuZ,
- RT @spfortunato: Planting in progress at Southside Cultural Center! @ProvidenceACT @LISCRhodeIsland @RISDARCH @RILatinoStories & more https://t.co/nx2euXEmAt,
- B.Arch alumnus @hamedbukhamseen on the Kuwaiti Contribution to the 2016 Venice Biennale https://t.co/J6W6oiZjVs,
Featured on RISD.EDU
- AIAS presents BEAUX ARTS 2017 – MASKED BALL read more...
- Designing a School for the Arts The idea of launching an arts high school affiliated with RISD has been in the air for decades, so when Architecture Professor Jim Barnes (BArch 69) was thinking about a theme for his advanced fall studio, he decided to resurrect it. read more...
- Exploring Sound + Space at the RISD Museum A hush falls over the audience seated in the center of the RISD Museum’s Grand Gallery as multimedia performance piece Galapagos in C gets underway. Two Architecture students silently enter as mimes, gaze at a large 18th-century family portrait by Jacques-Luc Barbier-Walbonne and then strike a pose mimicking the subjects in the painting. read more...
- Design Like a Girl “I hope that this class has encouraged students to be curious – to constantly question the built environment around them,” said Architecture grad student Rebecca McGee MArch 16 on Wednesday. As this year’s grad student faculty leader, she welcomed friends and family to a celebration of an ongoing partnership between RISD and Lincoln School, read more...
- Ideas Born on Paper Architecture Professor Christopher Bardt BArch 83 has a longstanding personal connection to the work included in Drawing Ambience: Alvin Boyarsky and the Architectural Association, an exhibition on view at the RISD Museum through August 2. Sharing his impressions while walking through the show, he stops at a delicate graphite, ink wash and colored pencil drawing by British architect Michael Webb... read more...